The Importance of Your LinkedIn Profile:
Your Profile – This is an area that people In a lot of cases are not putting a lot of time or energy into?
This can affect how much people pay attention to you, want to connect with you and/or build a relationship with you.
If you don’t have some good information in your profile and your profile isn’t letting people know something of interest and/or why they should do business with you – why would the??.
1) Are you hard to get a hold of
Do you have the following in your contact information:
- your email,
- Your phone number, – believe it or not – people don’t telemarket you on LinkedIn Make it easy for people to do business with you
- Twitter account
- web site(s)
- area of city you operate out of i.e. instead of address – serving Tri-Cities, Maple Ridge and Greater Vancouver
2) Do you have a good picture up on your profile – First Impressions count! Is your picture professional or casual. Professional is the way to go with a nice smile and good eye contact,.
3) Do you have a headline that gives the benefits of dealing with you under your Name on your profile (you have 120 characters in this area to get peoples attention.
Profiles are the foundation of LinkedIn – It is your professional business card. It can also represent your professional portfolio is you put the right information up.
Before putting your profile up – explore professionals in your field, other professionals – such as your competition. See what they are doing and how you can stand out.
Your profile should contain:
- A summary of your background and professional experience
- Your Photo
- A good headline
- A list of Positions you have held and your major accomplishments in each of those positions
- Your education and don’t forget your “High School” LinkedIn has an alumni section under “Network” – wouldn’t it be great to find that one of your classmates is now a President or CEO.
- Skills and Expertise – I give more credibility to recommendations
- At least 3 recommendations from people – and don’t forget to give them as well.
- Honours and Awards
- Certificates…. And more…
Donna Willon – Focused Networking – trains people on how to have an effective profile. I do this one on one – computer to computer and can cover a lot in one (1) hour. Also available to train teams of people in our office.
For more information or to book an appointment: