Most people joined LinkedIn because someone said they should, or because it was one of the social mediums they thought might help them BUT,,, they never thought about WHY the set up a LinkedIn account and what was their GOAL for being on LinkedIn and any other social medium for that fact.
Why are you on LinkedIn???
I’m on LinkedIn because:
- I own a networking company and LinkedIn is the most professional of all mediums
- I can reach my ideal clients and target market through LinkedIn
- I train and wanted to train people on LinkedIn because of it’s professionalism
- More than 80 % of connections are decision makers, 20% directors
- This is where they money seems to be — average $109.000
- The ability to target specific industries and tag them for future use.
- To connect with people whom I think I can help, and to be able to connect them.
- To use it and to teach… Networking on LinkedIn – rather than just connecting
- To make Client Attraction and doing business easier and more effective.
Does this give you any ideas —- Why Are You On LinkedIn?
Next Issue: Start with Getting To Know Your Settings
Customizing your LinkedIn Settings is a step that most people overlook and/or have not taken the time to set up to ensure their privacy.
Update your profile, upload or remove your photo, email notification settings, customizing group invitation settings and MUCH MORE.
We are going to do a couple of posts on Settings in order for you to have time to review your options without giving you too much at one time.
Donna Willon Member since: January 3, 2004
- PRIMARY EMAIL Change
- PASSWORD Change — This is the area where you can change your password
- ACCOUNT TYPE: Basic – I did try Paid – but feel you can do most all you want in the free version
GET MORE WHEN YOU UPGRADE!
- More communication options
- Enhanced search tools
- INMAILS is a private message to or from a LinkedIn Member who is not your connection. You would have this if you upgraded to the business package –
InMails In general sending an InMail is a paid LinkedIn feature unless the recipient is a premium memger who belongs to the OpenLink Network Inmail is useful for people who want to contact a wide variety of people, such as recruiters, or individuals using Linkedin for Business Development. You can purchase more inmail for $10.00 eachInMails are trusted messages that you can send to anyone on LinkedIn.
Response guarantee: InMail credits are returned if you don’t get a reply within 7 days.
- INTRODUCTIONS 25 of 25 available UpgradeMore info You can contact your 1st and 2nd degree connections to request introductins to members who are 2nd and 3rd degree connections. Members with FREE accounts can have up to five introductions open at a time.
IntroductionsTip: If your introductions run out, either wait for a recipient to take action or upgrade your account.
- OPENLINK Accepting messages More info Change OpenLink network is available on the premium account and enables network members to contact each other without incurring additional costs.
- PREMIUM BADGE Displayed on profile when you upgrade
More on Setting in our next Post — Enjoy and take time to review.