LinkedIn offers several different types of accounts, including:
- Free Personal Account – which is what most people use.
- Three types of premium accounts
- and three types of Job Seeker Accounts
When you are setting your goals as to WHY you want to be on LinkedIn – may have a decision on what type of account you plan to use, although you can upgrade and/or change it at any time.
All accounts offer the ability to do the following:
- Ability to create a professional profile
- Helps and encourages you to develop a professional network
- You can search for jobs and people on your LinkedIn account — i.e. who did you go to high school with. –What company would you like to work for.
- Send unlimited messages to your connections (remembering this is not twitter or Facebook – but a professional network of business people)
- Receive unlimited requests for introductions and InMails (a private message to or from a LinkedIn member who is not your connections) You can receive these free “if” you indicated in your account and settings that you are open to receiving.
- Participate in LinkedIn Groups — A great way to grow your network without directly connecting with the person
- Participate in LinkedIn Answer — this is an interactive feature that enables you to ask questions, receive input from a worldwide network of peers and experts, share your own expertise and develop your platform as an expert.
With a Free Personal Account you can:
- Maintain a maximum of five pending introductions to other LinkedIn Users at one time.
- View 100 profiles per search
- Save a maximum of three searches and get weekly alerts on those searches
Next Post will be on Premium Accounts