Networking with LinkedIn
Keys to Being Successful On LinkedIn
Profiles are the Foundation of LinkedIn, they are your electronic by business card providing professional background and experience.
Your Profile can serve as your professional portfolio – linking it back to your website to pertinent information about you and your company.
Here is a few things to look at
- Do you have a completed profile, with a “good summary,”
- A good picture, nice smile and good eye contact
- Complete experience details/description,
- Recommendations that people would want to share with other
Why LinkedIn and Other Social Medium Are Not Giving You The Results You Want
Most people have not defined a “Goal” as to why they are on LinkedIn or other social medium.
They are on because someone suggested they be on. Here is where you should start:
- Start with your Goal – i.e.
- You may want two new customers this month.
- You may wish to connect with a particular person or industry to build a relationship
- You may want people who can help you write a book, do your newsletter, teach social media, join a network, OR???
- Who are you buddying up with – or creating a team with to HELP YOU and for you to HELP THEM
- Who is in the best position to help you
- Who has the type of connections you could benefit from and vice versa
- Who is a good complementary industry for you
- Search your Buddies profiles – ask for introductions – Do an advanced search for what you are looking for – one of your buddies maybe connected.
- Try to have a team of 4-6 people that can be helping each other
- Who is your Target Market – What Industries are you focused on this month – Who Is Your Ideal Client
- List 5-6 Industries to focus on and market to and/or connect with
- Company pages maybe a good target market
- What specific person or people would you like to meet
- Who is a good prospect for you –i.e. size of company, territory, look for, listen for, downsizing, upsizing, – good source maybe groups as well as advanced search
- Connect on the PRIVATE – CLOSED Networking with LinkedIn Group Site – share successes, share what challenges you are having, ask if you still can’t find what you are looking for. You can also have your own OPEN GROUP that helps you to connect as well as build credibility.
- Join other groups as well – Think about what groups would be good for you.
- What groups are your customers in
- Your best prospects
- What do you want to learn – i.e. a Marketing Group, Facebook or other social medium
Donna Willon – email@example.com: www.focusednetworking.com 604-328-2290
I coach people on their LinkedIn profile – 1 hour – computer to computer to help you be more effective. Call or email me if you would like some help.