25 Years ago when I started Focused Networking I introduced many new things to the networking world – at least in the lower mainland.
Three main things I introduced were:
1. Strategic Alliances – What is it
An opportunity arising from complementary interactions by two or more parties who then form a group or a company to share/merge their; databases, industry information, referrals and prospects while jointly absorbing the marketing, sales and distribution costs associated with this business development
Strategic Alliances – teams of 4 to 6 are very effective
2. Complementary Industries: – What Is it
- Companies that are seeking exposure into the same or similar demographical markets or prospects.
- May also share databases, industry information, referrals and prospects.
- Copier Company with Telephone Company
- Website Developer with Advertising Group
3. Solid Business Relationships which turn into “Qualified Referrals” not Leads.
How was this done. Through “teaching” different aspects on how to build a relationship, by asking questions, through buddy ups, teamwork, through presentations – getting to know the person, through different types of introductions which keeps pulling information out of a person which helps with referrals, building credibility and trusting the person
I believe that is the secret to the success of Focused Networking for 25 years and the “longevity” of our members.
I’d like to recognize the following for their longevity with Focused Networking
- Joan Seaton – now retired last year was with the Original Basket Boutique and was with Focused Networking for 24… years
- David Benson – Benson and Company 20 years
- Robert Mogensen – Facilitator Vancouver and with Mortgage Advantage 16 years
- Gloria Purvey – Paragon Mortgage 16 Years
- Steve Kelsey Printhink Solutions 15 years
- Sam Wyatt – Personal Real Estate Corp 14 years
- Ed Sernoski – Raymond James 13 Years
- Rob Monterio – Monterio and Company 10 years
- Lise Liebich – L. Liebich Inc CGA 8 years
- John Peters Financial – 8 Plus years
- Michell Castillo – Spot on Digital Marketing 7 years
- Jerri Griffith – Coit Commercial Services 6 years
- Sandra Nicolato – General Insurance 6 years
Networking with very strong relationships – really getting to know each other and working as a team is what makes for great business success with Focused Networking.
I’m very proud of all my members and thank you all for your support over the years.